Monday, September 04, 2017

Labor Day 2017

Patrick and I are moving to a new apartment, while our apartment is renovated. Right now I am packing books and posting on facebook as I pack:

I think I have started at the hardest place: the art books, because they are so oddly shaped and because they are full of memories: books and catalogs by my father and from the museums where I have worked. They are making me sad, though that might be due to the odd shapes.

Packing the books I feel as if I am casting off, even though this is only a temporary move to the apartment next door. So here is a casting off poem:

Casting Off

For Claribel Alegria

Her flowered hair
is casting off,
flying in pieces
over the prairie.

Oh, the perfect placement
of those fragments,
of her hands
on the guitar.

*

I have moved on to my Asian shelf, which is mostly Chinese. I am keeping out one book of translations of classic Chinese poetry, because you can't do something as serious as a move without classic Chinese poetry.

*

I am now well into the literature shelves and have reached Kenturos by Gregory Feeley. What a relief, after packing so many books that belong to my past and remind me of people no longer living. Now I find a handsome, good book by a current friend! This bodes well for the science fiction shelves, full of books by people I know and like and who are still living.

*

I'm finishing up literature. Next comes criticism and then politics. I won't finish politics today. After that is Iceland, science, science fiction and children's books.

2 Comments:

Blogger harada57 said...

thanks

วิธีเล่นบาคาร่า

2:08 AM  
Blogger Cleaning- nileriyadh said...

تنظيف منازل بالرياض
لنظافة شيئا ضروريا وخاصة عند تواجد اطفال صغار يخشي عليهم من الاتربة او الحشرات.
افضل شركة تنظيف بالرياض تقدم لكم افضل خدمة تنظيف للشقق المفروشة، تتميز بوجود عمالة على اعلى مستوى من الخبرة والعمل والامانة
تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
تنظيف كنب بالرياض
تنظيف فلل بالرياض
تنظيف مساجد بالرياض
تنظيف وصيانة مسابح بالرياض

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home