Saturday, July 01, 2017

Political Posts

I do these political posts, where I try to work out ideas, and they are much less fun than posting about the Farmers Market. In many ways, I suspect they are also less profound. Life is about concrete particulars. Once you drift into abstraction, you are moving away from the Real.

so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens

I suppose I should credit the poem: by William Carlos Williams, who also wrote a really good poem about plums:

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold.

1 Comments:

Blogger Assignment Help said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home