Friday, May 12, 2017

Fall

I had a nasty fall last week, which resulted in a broken bone in my left arm and a massive black eye, now beginning to turn other colors. We went to an urgent care unit and then to a local hospital, since the urgent care unit thought I needed a CT scan, since I had hit my head. (I also wrecked a lovely and expensive pair of glasses.) Anyway, I got scanned and xrayed and am now in a sling. I have an appointment with an orthopedic doctor this afternoon.

This happened when I was looking forward to attending to a wedding and going to the Wisconsin Science Fiction Convention. Also, I have writing to finish and an apartment to clean, and Patrick and I are due to move into a new apartment in our building this summer. Summer is pretty close.

My mood swings up and down. I was cheery in the ER. Today I feel okay. Yesterday, I decided I was old and fragile and heaven knew what complications there might be.

I never broken a bone before. I am really angry about it. I tripped on an uneven place in the sidewalk. What kind of klutz does that? I blame it on Trump. I was probably brooding over his behavior instead of watching where I was going.

2 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

I tripped on an uneven bit of curbing when I was in my late 40s and broke a bone in my foot. (Luckily I was getting into a car at the time, so I fell into the car, and not into the street.) I think we should blame the inferior nature of the pavements and not ourselves.

Damn pavements!

11:58 AM  
Blogger KeiraDoltan said...

Complete Your Assignment From
Online Information Technology Assignment Help
IT Assignment Help

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home