Friday, September 13, 2013

Update

I haven't posted for getting on two weeks. Nothing much has happened. Patrick and I drove up to Duluth last week to see the lake boat Arthur Anderson come in through the Duluth Shipping Canal. Unfortunately the Anderson was running ahead of schedule, so we missed her. But the drive up and back was pleasant, and I always enjoy visiting the galleries in Canal Park. I bought a pair of gray quartz earrings with black tourmaline inclusions. Very nice, though I do not need more jewelry.

Aside from that, I am struggling with revising a story. I want it done and out of my life, so I can move on to other projects. It is part of the Lydia Duluth series of stories; and two more, which follow this one, are done. I don't feel I can abandon it. It's going to be hard to sell, since it's an overtly political story. I find those are likely to be turned down, though the reason given is never the politics.

Americans are very uncomfortable with didactic fiction and with political fiction.

The weather has finally turned cool, which is wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home