Thursday, August 15, 2013

Exercise

I have mixed feelings about exercise. I feel better when I do it, and I like the people I meet at the Y. But in the end my idea of real fun is cruising the Internet or reading a book.

But I love going to the Y in the morning. Today was sunny when I headed over, the sky bright blue and the air cool. As I crossed the street to the park, the Asian Invasion lunch truck zipped past me, heading for a parking place. There were people walking dogs, and a guy playing the beat-up, rainbow-colored, upright piano that sits under the band shell. A building in the neighborhood offers apartments to people who have been homeless. This guy looked as if he might live there, as did the two men who made up his audience. He played darn well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home