Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Writing

From facebook, over the past few days:

I began a new story, set on Venus. I have the setting and a lot of back story, as well as the heroine and a couple of other characters. But I don't have a shtick, a gimmick, a MacGuffin, something to hang the story on. So I started writing and I will see where the writing leads.

The trouble with getting into a serious writing mood is -- it makes it hard to get to sleep. I lie in the dark, my brain whirring, working out plot ideas and bits of dialogue.

*

I woke up this morning thinking about the current story. I seem to be experiencing a drive to write, something I have not felt for a long time. We will see if it lasts.

It's not entirely pleasant. I can't get to sleep, because I'm working on stories in my mind, and I rise thinking about the next section of a story. I remember -- decades ago -- writing a novel about a woman who was a were-bear, and it felt as if the story was the bear inside me, trying to claw its way out.

But it's nice having something to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home