Sunday, January 01, 2012

Where is the Future We Were Promised?

You can see bits of future in Singapore and Shanghai, at CERN, maybe in Tokyo. But I grew up in the Midwest on the edge of the future, and while I am still in the Midwest, the future has receded. We are told we can't afford it.

I posted the NASA picture of the astronaut in space above the Earth on the Wyrdsmiths' blog, then added the above comment.

I've made my usual resolutions for the New Year: all the usual forms of self-improvement. Maybe I need to add another resolution: be absolute for a real future, a good future, work to promote and achieve it. This is very big, but why not try?

Why be content with a shoddy present, when the stars are available? Not to mention a decent society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home