Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On the Right Wing

I have decided my posts on Why People Are Angry are too long, too full of common wisdom and possibly wrong. I'm blending the experiences of too many different groups, and I'm not sure the resulting narrative is true or relevent.

Here, from the SPLC Report, is the South Poverty Law Center's explanation for why the crazy and dangerous right is growing. (If you don't know, the Southern Poverty Law Center is the go-to organization for information on hate groups. They track them nationwide.) The SPLC says:
Several factors fueled the growth (of hate groups): resentment over the changing racial demographics of the country, frustration over the lagging economy, and the mainstreaming of conspiracy theories and other demonizing propaganda aimed at minorities and the government.
This is short and clear. I'll go with it.

2 Comments:

Blogger shortpaw said...

I'd say that pretty much sums it up...

8:46 AM  
Blogger KeiraDoltan said...

Complete Your Assignment From
Homework Assistance Help Online

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home