Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Not All is Gloom and Doom

A poem I wrote after the last awful election:
After A Political Setback

The thing to do
is take a hot shower,
dress carefully,
put on a fancy necklace
and amethyst earrings,
smile at the mirror and say:
“I remain.
Those I love remain.
The poor,
the workers and farmers remain.
Those who fight remain.
Those who win
as well as those who lose.”

It is dedicated to Dilma Rousseff of the Workers Party, the new President of Brazil. When she was young, she was a Communist guerrilla, who was imprisoned by the military government and tortured. She says her goal as president is to end poverty in Brazil. We will see how she does.

My agent tells me that "My Husband Steinn," my story about trolls and the giant hydroelectric project in Iceland has been bought.

The hwarhath Sherlock Holmes story has gone to my writing group. The Brer Rabbit story has -- finally, finally -- gone to my agent, though I still don't like the last few pages. I will probably rewrite them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Foxessa said...

The stories sound wonderful.

Love, C.

4:47 PM  
Blogger tate hallaway said...

Congrats on the sale! Love the poem, too.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home