Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Grey Weather 2

The other cause of my low mood is the recent election, and my sense that Obama is a less effective politician than George Bush, who actually managed to do what he wanted to do: cut taxes for the rich, start two wars, increase the power of the executive and begin the process of turning the US into a police state.

Bush may not have been responsible for all this. It might be Chaney. But someone in the White House got things done, though they were all things I dislike.

I used to joke that every president made the previous president look good. Then we got to Bush 2, and I thought there is no way that anyone can make this guy look good.

Bush was an idiot with an effective handler, would be my guess. Obama seems like an empty suit. I don't know what he wants. I do know he has not come through on any of the promises he made while campaigning, and he is not solving any of the terrible problems the country faces.

1 Comments:

Blogger Foxessa said...

Alas that I know what you mean.

Love, C.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home