Saturday, June 05, 2010

Comment on a Paul Krugman Column

Anonymous
Woodside, NY
May 31st, 2010
9:09 am

I was speaking with a friend this afternoon. Both of us are unemployed; both for more than a year. Both of us are college educated: she has a background in finance, I've worked as an administrative assistant with a background in publishing, legal services and the non-profit sector. I'm in my late fifties. My benefits have run out, I'm using what savings I have, but they won't last long. What will I do when there is nothing left? As I don't drive, I don't have a car in which I could sleep. This is not hyperbole, I feel real despair. And I feel betrayed by my government, by officials who don't seem to care or understand what working people are experiencing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home