Thursday, September 24, 2009

Life During Unemployment

I went to the Farmers Market with a friend on Saturday. It's full of late summer foods: heaps of tomatoes, peppers, squashes, melons, apples. I couldn't find any cucumbers and the cauliflower looked moth eaten. But I did get some chard, which I really like.

On Sunday I went to Mary Poppins with another friend. It's a Broadway musical. I can't remember when I last saw one, and I'm not sure I have ever seen one on stage. The music was okay, though not up to opera. The production and the dancing was amazing. The male lead -- Gavin Lee -- was wonderful. He was so good that my eyes went to him when he was doing nothing except leaning against a wall.

At one point, he walked up one side of the proscenium, across the top of the proscenium upside down and then down the other side. There were ropes, of course, barely visible for just one moment.

Stunning, and he moved as if walking, rather than as if hanging from ropes.

Worth going to, although expensive. I really do need a job, so I can afford things like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home