Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Unemployment Yet Again

Unemployment payments can be set up two ways: as a debit card account at US Bank or as direct deposit to the unemployed person's regular bank account. Patrick went with the debit card. Today he took money out of the unemployment account and deposited it in his checking account. Because the deposit was in cash, he thought he ought to explain it to the teller. He said, "If I'd known I was going to be unemployed this long, I would have told them to set the payments up as direct deposit."

The teller said, "You can't believe how many times a day I hear that. It must be terrible out there."

1 Comments:

Blogger Peg said...

This week Rob passed the one year mark of being unemployed.

I sincerely hope it won't be that long for you and Patrick.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home