Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Seductions of Capitalism

Patrick and I decided to take a walk in the Mall of America. It's large and cool and shady, which is appealing as the weather heats up. Neither of us likes heat or intense sunlight.

Pat's been having trouble with sciatica and walking is supposed to help. We didn't walk much, as it turns out, because his leg was really bothering him. However, we did stop in the fancy pen shop at the mall and I bought a Cross pen. It's very nice. I like it.

But this kind of spending has to stop. I can't afford it right now -- or in the future, most likely. I suspect I will end in a job that pays less that my last one, which is okay if it's part time, and I am able to write.

I don't know what the stats are on what kind of jobs people get, after they have been unemployed. Maybe I will Google the topic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home