Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Writing Chair



Patrick has been trying his new camera. This is the chair I use for writing, though I remove the stuffed beings. Mr. Booby is on top. He is a gift from the World Wildlife Fund. Miss Barbel is on the left arm of the chair. She comes from the little gift shop run by the National Park Service in the Science Museum in downtown St. Paul. (It's for the national park along the Mississippi. Always nice to have national park in the middle of one's city.)

The chair itself is occupied by Che Guevara and W.E.B. DuBois. Both are made by a company named the Unemployed Philosophers Guild, founded by a pair of philosophers who could not find work.

You can see the computer off to the right. It's on a little computer table from Herman Miller. I settle into the chair and pull the computer around in front and go to work, with a cup of tea on the bookcase behind me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home