Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wiscon

I got back from Wiscon Monday evening.

When I do in-town cons these days I spend only one day, usually Saturday. I get too tired. It's not parties. I rarely do parties anymore. It's a combination of a lot of input and too much coffee. I can drink a lot of coffee when I'm not dealing with people, but the combination of input and caffeine is way too much.

There should be a simple solution: drink less coffee, drink decaf, drink tea. But that cup seems so comforting in my hand; I don't like decaf; and I am out of the habit of drinking tea.

Wiscon is a special problem for two reasons. It's out-of-town, which means I attend for three days; and I do a lot of thinking at Wiscon, and that is tiring.

On the other hand, I get to spend time with a lot of really nice and interesting people, which gives me ideas and energy for a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home