Monday, March 02, 2009

More About Bill



The photo and the following quote are from the Star Tribune article on Bill Holm:
Holm was a graduate of Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter and went to grad school at the University of Kansas in Lawrence.

"I noticed him before I met him," said Rezmerski, a writer who lives in Mankato. "I had just arrived in town and was walking down the main street, and along the sidewalk comes this huge red-haired guy. He didn't have the beard in those days; he actually looked quite boyish, so tall, and wearing a bright red jacket and carrying a bottle of bourbon under one arm. I thought, 'Oh, interesting local characters here.'

"And then the next day I went to the first meeting for new graduate assistants, and there he was."

Per the article, he collapsed in the Sioux Falls airport after returning from Arizona and died from complications of pneumonia. His wife said he probably hadn't noticed that he was sick. He didn't pay attention to how his body felt. Always take repiratory illnesses seriously.

I didn't know him well, but John Rezmerski always kept me up to date with what Bill was doing and thinking. I will miss him a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home