Thursday, March 05, 2009

Antidote du Jour



This is from Naked Capitalism, an economics blog. Every day the blogger Yves Smith posts an "Antidote du Jour" among the dire economic news and grim analysis. It is always an animal photo, usually adorable. I find this particular photo especially wonderful.

My brother and I had a babysitter who worked at the University of Minnesota medical labs; and she used to take us to the labs to play with the animals. As a result, I have positive childhood memories of rats. The mice were too small to play with. The rabbits were kind of boring. The monkeys were either mean or sad. But the rats were wonderful.

A cute picture of a rat makes my heart melt.

3 Comments:

Blogger Farah Mendlesohn said...

It's Dangerous Beans!!!! (see The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents)

12:25 PM  
Blogger Dr. Psycho said...

My father was a psychology instructor, and some of my earliest and happiest memories are of taking rats out of their cages and petting them, letting them run up and down my arms, &c.

No small part of why I married my current wife is that she and her children kept pet rats.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Eleanor!
I love all kind of animals, but rats are my favorite ones. The picture that you attached is simply cute.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home