Monday, July 14, 2008

WALL-E

Patrick and I saw WALL-E yesterday. Pat liked it a lot. I thought it was a bit hokey, not as good as the movies coming out from Aardman. But it's worth seeing. The scenes of WALL-E toiling to crush and stack junk in a world of junk are impressive; and the scenes of his home -- where he keeps the junk that touches him -- are sweet. Patrick says the movie does a good job of showing how people behave when they are alone and lonely.

The scenes in the starship where bloated middle class Americans (they are obviously Americans) consume and are entertained while they wait for their lives to begin are also memorable, I suspect. The movie is optimistic about these folk. I don't think they will rise to the occasion.

I guess, my review is -- I liked the robots and believed in them. I have less faith in the humans.

But it's a great movie for kids. It tells them what their future is likely to be like; and it tells them to act.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pat R said...

Wall-E totally looks like the robot from "Short Circuit," minus the cheesy 80's style of course... but i'm sure Pixar made a totally original story otherwise

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home